- Rent for a fraction of the printed textbook price
- Complete text bound in hardcover or softcover
- Note: Payment through authorized rental partners
Designed for use in the interdisciplinary courses on product development as well as by practicing professionals, Product Design and Development 7e strikes a balanced approach between theory and practice through the authors’ emphasis on methods.
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Product Development Process and Organization
Chapter 3 Opportunity Identification
Chapter 4 Product Planning
Chapter 5 Identifying Customer Needs
Chapter 6 Product Specifications
Chapter 7 Concept Generation
Chapter 8 Concept Selection
Chapter 9 Concept Testing
Chapter 10 Product Architecture
Chapter 11 Industrial Design
Chapter 12 Design for Environment
Chapter 13 Design for Manufacturing and Supply Chain
Chapter 14 Prototyping
Chapter 15 Robust Design
Chapter 16 Patents and Intellectual Property
Chapter 17 Service Design
Chapter 18 Product Development Economics
Chapter 19 Project Management
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources