General, Organic, & Biological Chemistry, 5th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry, 5th Edition, relates the fundamental concepts of chemistry to the world around us and illustrates how chemistry explains many aspects of everyday life. This textbook is written for students who have an interest in nursing, nutrition, environmental science, food science, and a wide variety of other health-related professions. The content of this book is designed for an introductory chemistry course with no chemistry prerequisite, and is suitable for either a two-semester sequence or a one-semester course.
Chapter 2: Atoms and the Periodic Table
Chapter 3: Ionic Compounds
Chapter 4: Covalent Compounds
Chapter 5: Chemical Reactions
Chapter 6: Energy Changes, Reaction Rates, and Equilibrium
Chapter 7: Gases, Liquids, and Solids
Chapter 8: Solutions
Chapter 9: Acids and Bases
Chapter 10: Nuclear Chemistry
Chapter 11: Introduction to Organic Molecules and Functional Groups
Chapter 12: Alkanes
Chapter 13: Unsaturated Hydrocarbons
Chapter 14: Organic Compounds that Contain Oxygen, Halogen, or Sulfur
Chapter 15: The Three-Dimensional Shape of Molecules
Chapter 16: Aldehydes and Ketones
Chapter 17: Carboxylic Acids, Esters, and Amides
Chapter 18: Amines and Neurotransmitters
Chapter 19: Lipids
Chapter 20: Carbohydrates
Chapter 21: Amino Acids, Proteins, and Enzymes
Chapter 22: Nucleic Acids and Protein Synthesis
Chapter 23: Metabolism and Energy Production
Chapter 24: Carbohydrate, Lipid, and Protein Metabolism
ONLINE Chapter 25: Body Fluids
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources