Contemporary Management12th Edition
- Infuse real managers using their Manager as a Person feature so students see real job challenges.
- Improve student learning outcomes using Connect, our easy-to-use homework and learning management solution that embeds learning science and award-winning adaptive tools to improve student results.
Chapter 1: Managers and Managing
Chapter 2: The Evolution of Management Thought
Chapter 3: Values, Attitudes, Emotions, and Culture: The Manager as a Person
Part Two: The Environment of Management
Chapter 4: Ethics and Social Responsibility
Chapter 5: Managing Diverse Employees in a Multicultural Environment
Chapter 6: Managing in the Global Environment
Part Three: Decision Making, Planning, and Strategy
Chapter 7: Decision Making, Learning, Creativity, and Entrepreneurship
Chapter 8: The Manager as a Planner and Strategist
Chapter 9: Value Chain Management: Functional Strategies for Competitive Advantage
Part Four: Organizing and Controlling
Chapter 10: Managing Organizational Structure and Culture
Chapter 11: Organizational Control and Change
Chapter 12: Human Resource Management
Part Five: Leading Individuals and Groups
Chapter 13: Motivation and Performance
Chapter 14: Leadership
Chapter 15: Effective Groups and Teams
Part Six: Managing Critical Organizational Processes
Chapter 16: Promoting Effective Communication
Chapter 17: Managing Conflict, Politics, and Negotiation
Chapter 18: Using Advanced Information Technology to Increase Performance
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.Learn more
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We have put in place processes to make accessibility and meeting the WCAG AA guidelines part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
In future editions, this rubric will be reformatted to increase accessibility and usability.
McGraw Hill sites may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are provided as supplementary materials, and for learners’ information and convenience only. McGraw Hill has no control over and is not responsible for the content or accessibility of any linked website.