Grade Levels: 6-12
Word Journeys is designed to develop and reinforce students' academic English vocabulary. English language students learn and practice academic vocabulary using a skills-based approach to listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The vocabulary words are taken from Averil Coxhead's Academic Word List, which is a research-generated list of the most common academic words found in textbooks.
About the Program
- Engaging pictures and illustrations represent each definition.
- Controlled nonfiction reading selections place vocabulary in context.
- Word study activities address multiple meaning words, word forms, collocations, and morphology.
- Scaffolded writing activities help students develop and refine their ideas.
- Assessments track students' progress and mastery.