Overview of Teen Health
Middle school health courses provide students with critical knowledge during a crucial period in their lives. It is essential that a program is engaging enough to capture your students' attention while covering topics that they will encounter in the real world. Teen Health, a market leader in middle school health curriculum, teaches the 10 critical health skills that align with the National Health Standards. Students will practice and learn to apply the health skills in a variety of situations they may encounter as teenagers. While emphasizing critical social and emotional skills, Teen Health explores up-to-date information and statistics on timely, relevant topics like:
Components for Teen Health
Digital Student Center
Digital Student Center
Flexible and Engaging Resources
Teen Health provides students and teachers flexible content and accessibility that meets the needs of all classroom styles (traditional classrooms, digital classrooms, blended). In addition to the robust, traditional text,Teen Health also features numerous resources for each grade level, including:
- An accessible eBook (also available in Spanish) with built-in videos and activities to keep students engaged.
- Lesson quizzes and activities that can be assigned and completed online or downloaded and printed.
- Project-based learning for each module, including Hands-On Health, Tech-Know Projects, and Health Lab activities.
- Teacher resources like pre-made presentations to download or stream.
- Assessment options for each lesson that include pre-made assessments, along with create-your-own options that allow you to write your own questions or choose from dozens of pre-made questions. All assessments can be assigned for students to complete online or downloaded and printed.
A Customizable Curriculum
If Teen Health doesn't align directly with your school or district's needs, CREATE allows you to customize your health curriculum to the way you prefer to teach it! You can easily pick which modules to include and what order to teach them, choose a cover image from several options, and determine a unique title. This allows you to build a curriculum solution that aligns with your district's standards while still offering up-to-date and relevant information on current health topics that affect the lives of your students.