Problem-Driven Math uses a whimsical approach to teaching problem-solving. This text is purposely designed to provide students with fun, humorous, and engaging problem-solving activities. Problem-Driven Math also goes beyond teaching how to arrive at the solution, but to understand the process and concepts behind the process.
- Develops mathematical concepts while reinforcing algorithmic skills
- Allows teachers to coordinate problems with their textbook teaching sequence
- Clearly defines the mathematics in each problem
- Includes embedded professional development to assist teachers at all levels of experience
- Provides ‘models’ for teaching and illustrating key mathematical concepts