Dolch Reading Program
The Dolch® Reading Program contains books that can be used to build important skills and as recreational reading for on-level students, beginning readers, remedial readers, at-risk students, and ESL students. Each Dolch Level focuses on particular word lists that are taught through word cards, stories, and activities.
Dolch® Level 1
110 Basic Sight Vocabulary and 95 Common Nouns
- Early Reading Books (Reading Level 0.1-1.5)
- First Reading Books (Reading Level 1.5-2.5)
Dolch® Level 2
220 Basic Sight Vocabulary and 95 Nouns
- Independent Reading Books - Animal Stories (Reading Level 2.0-3.0)
- Independent Reading Books - Tales & Legends (Reading Levels 2.0-3.0)
Dolch® Level 3
684 Storyteller Words
- Spirit of Adventure Series, Fiction (Reading Levels 3.0-4.0)
- Spirit of Adventure Series, Nonfiction (Reading Levels 3.0-4.0)
Dolch® Level 4
First 1000 Words
- America's Journey Series, Fiction (Reading Levels 3.0-4.0)
- America's Journey Series, Nonfiction (Reading Levels 3.0-4.0)
- Dolch® Readers consist of high-interest, carefully selected stories of leveled sight words and new vocabulary for fluency practice at any age.
- Word Puzzle Books are available for each set of readers and include fill-in-the-blank and crossword puzzles.
- Reading and Writing Practice Books contain Dolch stories and comprehension practice. One practice book is available for each set of readers.
- A Teacher Guide is available for each set of readers and includes word-building activities, assessment instruments, workbook support, and plans to help you use the program even more efficiently.
- The Dolch® CD-ROM allows students to practice the Dolch words in the form of puzzles and games, making a fun way to practice skills.
Instructional Pack includes:
- Picture Word Cards are illustrated cards to teach the Dolch® 95 Common Nouns.
- Popper Word Cards
Set 1 - Covers the easiest 110 of the 220 Basic Sight Vocabulary
Set 2 - Covers the more difficult words.
- Phrase Cards (140) use word phrases from the Dolch® 220 Basic Sight Vocabulary and the 95 common Nouns.
- Word Game is a bingo format game that contains enough cards for six players at a time. It uses the Dolch® 220 Basic Sight Vocabulary and the 95 common Nouns.