Research & Success forMcGraw-Hill My Math
To develop McGraw-Hill My Math, we worked with world-class researchers, academics, and education practitioners to build a strong authorship team. Together, we designed, developed, and validated instructional models based on current scholarship and research to support effective teaching and learning.
Understanding By Design
McGraw-Hill My Math and Glencoe Math were created by the PreK–8 authorship team using Understanding by Design® an instructional design approach to learning that identifies the desired outcome first and then tailors learning strategies to meet the identified objective.
This framework is the perfect foundation for the Standards, resulting in a curriculum that provides conceptual understanding, key areas of focus and connection to prior concepts and skills.
Jay McTighe, author of Understanding by Design discusses his philosophy.
- Research Foundation: McGraw-Hill My Math
- Understanding by Design
- Assessing the Effects of McGraw-Hill My Math and Glencoe Math
- McGraw-Hill My Math and Glencoe Math: A Solution for K–8 Schools
- 21st Century Skills: Preparing Students for THEIR Future
- Developing Academic Vocabulary
- Collaborative Conversations in McGraw-Hill My Math
Built on the CCSS
- Focus, Coherence, and Rigor in McGraw-Hill My Math
- Redefining Instructional Excellence with the Rigor of McGraw-Hill My Math
- Preparing for the Next Generation Assessments
- Shifts in K–12 Mathematics: Moving To College and Career Readiness
- Strategies to Teach and Engage English Language Learners in Mathematics Classrooms
- ELL Strategies in McGraw-Hill My Math
- English Language Learners and Mathematics
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Using Assessment to Inform Instruction and Improve Student Achievement
- Differentiating Mathematics Instruction So EVERYONE Learns
- Differentiating Mathematics Instruction with McGraw-Hill My Math
- Math Centers Routines and Using the McGraw-Hill My Math My Learning Stations
Review the research for McGraw-Hill My Math, that includes the most compelling indicators of success for the program:
- Independent efficacy studies in which students using McGraw-Hill My Math products showed statistically significant improvement in test scores and achievement from beginning-of-year to end-of-year exams.
- References to whitepapers detailing the benefits of specific program elements and the research conducted to develop McGraw-Hill My Math
Success Across the U.S.
(Compared to only 57% of core competition users)
"Since implementation, scores have risen in all buildings and the scores from the building with the highest percentage of students on free and reduced lunch have now risen to be almost the same (and in some grade levels even higher than) the scores from our other buildings."
Supervisor of Math K–12,
Manheim Township School District, PA
With over three million students and teachers, McGraw-Hill My Math has a vast and growing number of users who have experienced success in the classroom and now recommend this PreK–5 mathematics program. Read what people in the educational community have to say: