United States Government: Our Democracy © 2018
United States Government, Our Democracy © 2018 allows high school students to master an understanding of the structure, function, and powers of government at all levels. Students will develop an appreciation for the value of citizenship and civic participation as they learn and apply the principles and beliefs upon which the United States was founded. As a result, students will be well-prepared for success in college, career, and civic life.
- Focus on big ideas with an accessible student text built around essential questions and inquiry.
- Maximize comprehension with the Reading Help-Desk included in each lesson to assist students with building vocabulary, cultivating reading strategies, and strengthening note-taking skills.
- Analyze a variety of primary and secondary sources including text excerpts, political cartoons, photographs, graphs, maps, and more.
- Develop strong critical thinking, analytical, and compromise skills with Debate and Deliberation features.
- Challenge students to "be the judge" in Supreme Court Case Studies; students will classify arguments, assign unmarked opinions and decide cases, apply precedents to recent cases, and conduct in-class moot courts.
- Customize the learning experience for differentiated instruction using leveled reading, customizable assessments and worksheets, and flexible online learning tools.
- Facilitate mastery of complex principles with dynamic digital tools.