Bluman, Elementary Statistics: A Step by Step Approach, High School Edition, © 2024, 1e
Grades: 9 - 12
For 3rd- and 4th-year Math
The quintessential text for students interested in a nontraditional math pathway, Elementary Statistics: A Step by Step Approach, High School Edition, is accessible to and engaging for a wide range of third- and fourth-year math students. The instructional design follows anon-theoretical approach, and only assumes students have completed algebra.
Perfect for Introductory Statistics
• Visually appealing layout with considerate text, fully worked examples, and real-world data to support and engage students.
• Relevant and diverse chapter-level Statistics Around Us case studies, Speaking of Statistics features, and Data Projects. These features reinforce concepts and challenge students to apply what they have learned and deepen their conceptual understanding.
• Technology Step-by-Step instructions show students how to use common statistical software and calculators to solve the types of problems covered in each chapter.
• A Teacher Manual, available in print and online, delivers pacing information, lecture support, and answers to the questions in the Student Edition.
A Heightened Digital Experience
• An interactive eBook and a Corequisite Workbook provide diagnostic tools for teachers and offer students leveled, guided practice for the math skills necessary for course success.
• Additional Technology Step-by-Step instructions, data activities, a student solution manual, and pre-made assessments support and assess understanding.
ALEKS For Introductory Statistics
More practice! Available with the digital subscription, ALEKS® uses adaptive questioning to quickly and accurately determine exactly what topics a student knows and doesn’t know and instructs each student on the topics they are most ready to learn.
Chapter 1: The Nature of Probability and Statistics
Chapter 2: Frequency Distributions and Graphs
Chapter 3: Data Description
Chapter 4: Probability and Counting Rules
Chapter 5: Discrete Probability Distributions
Chapter 6: The Normal Distribution
Chapter 7: Confidence Intervals and Sample Size
Chapter 8: Hypothesis Testing
Chapter 9: Testing the Difference between Two Means, Two Proportions, and Two Variences
Chapter 10: Correlation and Regression
Chapter 11: Sampling and Simulation
Chapter 12 (online only): Other Chi Square Tests
Chapter 13 (online only): Analysis of Variance
Chapter 14 (online only): Nonparametric Statistics