Authors for Our PreK–12 Music Curricula
Meet our Nationally Recognized Authorship Team
Vice President, Director of Music Curriculum, Macmillan/McGraw Hill; Former Professor of Music, Towson State University, Maryland; nationally known clinician and choral conductorPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
EducationB.M. M.A, The Pennsylvania State University; Ph. D. Case Western Reserve University
Honors and awards:Outstanding Alumni Award, The Pennsylvania State University
Prior publications:Coordinating author of Share the Music; author, Music and You (both K–8, Macmillan/McGraw Hill), Music! Its role and Importance in Our Lives (high school text, Glencoe/McGraw Hill)
Role in Music! Its Role:
- Coordinated team of authors and writers who outlined, determined content goals, selected song and listening materials, and wrote lessons.
- Wrote and revised lessons for Student Book and Teachers Edition.
- Contributed to overall planning to determine direction and goals for new program.
- Coordinated Broadway for Kids sections in cooperation with Music Theater International.
- Coordinated From the Top feature in cooperation with From the Top.
- Coordinated Music with Midi components.
Areas of interest/expertise:K–8 music education; choral conducting; curriculum development; music and technology