Meet our Nationally Recognized Authorship Team
Nationally known author, clinician, and consultant on music education (retired after 35 years of teaching at all levels)
Bergenfield, New Jersey
B.S. in Ed., Ball State University; Professional Diploma in Piano, Juilliard School; Orff Levels I, II, III and Master Classes (Wuytach, Gill, Gillespie)
Honors and awards:
Former National President and Honorary Member, AOSA; co-founder/past president Northern New Jersey chapter of AOSA; Ball State University, Outstanding Music Alumnus
Coordinating author, Share the Music, K-8; author, Music and You, K-8 (both Macmillan/McGraw-Hill); Music For Fun (with Bob McGrath); Teacher’s Guide and Student Workbook for Paul Winter’s Earth: Voices of a Planet, Opera ‐ All of Music and More, numerous music collections for recorder and Orff instruments and teaching guides for MENC projects.
Role in Spotlight on Music:
- Coordinated team of authors and writers who outlined, determined content goals, and selected song and listening materials and wrote lessons for Spotlight on Reading sections, Student and Teacher Editions.
- Wrote lessons for Student Books and Teachers Editions, Spotlight on Concepts section.
- Contributed to overall planning to determine direction and goals for new program.
- Coordinated creative development of, and contributed lessons to, Kindergarten program.
- Co-authored Multilevel Strategies for English Language Learners, authored Using MusicTime with Spotlight on Music.
Areas of interest/expertise:
Orff process, K-8 music, teacher training, music and technology, early childhood, music reading pedagogy, piano performance