Understanding Economics © 2016
Grades: 9 - 12
Understanding Economics gives students what they need to learn and interact with both theoretical and applied economics, as well as build a strong foundation of personal financial literacy. The program's thoughtful design ensures that students have what they need to build analytical skills and an economic vocabulary through well-written narrative, essential questions, fine-tuned assessment, and fresh, real-world examples throughout.
- Focus on the big ideas with an accessible student text built around essential questions and inquiry and correlated to the Council on Economic Education standards.
- Maximize lesson comprehension with the Reading Help-Desk which helps students build an economic vocabulary, enhance reading strategies, improve note-taking skills, and better utilize graphic organizers. Get additional material online with the Guided Notes tool, as well as additional reading levels for the student text.
- Enrich instruction with up-to-date charts, graphs, and infographics.
- Cultivate critical thinking and analytical skills with the Debates feature.
- Focus on relevant, real-world topics with Case Studies as well as Global Economy and You features.
- Learn more about economic skills and employment options with the Careers feature.
- Foster practical, real-world understanding by marrying theoretical and practical economics while building personal financial literacy skills.
- Customize the learning experience with differentiated instruction, leveled reading, customizable assessments and worksheets, and flexible online learning tools.
- Dynamic digital tools facilitate mastery of complex principles.