Silberberg, Chemistry: The Molecular Nature of Matter and Change ©2018, 8e
Silberberg’s Chemistry provides a fully aligned, conceptual option for AP Chemistry. The text contains unprecedented macroscopic-to-microscopic molecular illustrations, consistent step-by-step worked exercises in every chapter, and an extensive range of end-of-chapter problems.
This program also features:
• An updated AP Teacher Manual that provides a pacing guide as well as activities and questions aligned to the curriculum.
• Updated AP Test Banks expanded to help students succeed on the AP Chemistry exam.
• McGraw-Hills digital suite incorporates new and exciting interactive tools —including a SmartBook® and bank of questions for each chapter that have been written and aligned to the new curriculum.
- CHAPTER 1 Keys to the Study of Chemistry: Definitions, Units, and Problem-Solving
- CHAPTER 2 The Components of Matter
- CHAPTER 3 Stoichiometry of Formulas and Equations
- CHAPTER 4 The Major Classes of Chemical Reactions
- CHAPTER 5 Gases and the Kinetic-Molecular Theory
- CHAPTER 6 Thermochemistry: Energy Flow and Chemical Change
- CHAPTER 7 Quantum Theory and Atomic Structure
- CHAPTER 8 Electron Configuration and Chemical Periodicity
- CHAPTER 9 Models of Chemical Bonding
- CHAPTER 10 The Shapes of Molecules
- CHAPTER 11 Theories of Covalent Bonding
- CHAPTER 12 12 Intermolecular Forces: Liquids, Solids, and Phase Changes
- CHAPTER 13 The Properties of Mixtures: Solutions and Colloids
- CHAPTER 14 Periodic Patterns in the Main-Group Elements: Bonding, Structure, and Reactivity
- CHAPTER 15 Organic Compounds and the Atomic Properties of Carbon
- CHAPTER 16 Kinetics: Rates and Mechanisms of Chemical Reactions
- CHAPTER 17 Equilibrium: The Extent of Chemical Reactions
- CHAPTER 18 Acid-Base Equilibria
- CHAPTER 19 Ionic Equilibria in Aqueous Systems
- CHAPTER 20 Thermodynamics: Entropy, Free Energy, and Reaction Direction
- CHAPTER 21 Electrochemistry: Chemical Change and Electrical Work
- CHAPTER 22 The Elements in Nature and Industry
- CHAPTER 23 The Transition Elements and Their Coordination Compounds
- CHAPTER 24 Nuclear Reactions and Their Applications