Schaefer, Sociology: A Brief Introduction, High School Edition, © 2023, 14e
Grades: 9 - 12
Sociology: A Brief Introduction is written in a student-friendly, accessible voice that allows learners to contextualize sociological theories, research, and concepts in real-world scenarios with vivid examples that promote engagement and understanding.
• Critical Thinking and Use your Sociological Imagination activities that encourage students to use higher-order thinking skills.
• Research Today activities that present current data, statistics, and research applied to engaging real-world topics.
• Tracking Sociological Perspectives to highlight the major sociological perspectives.
• Sociology in the Global Community activities that build cross-cultural awareness.
• Careers in Sociology and Taking Sociology to Work features that showcase career possibilities.
• Taking Sociology with You, which delivers engaging activities specifically developed for high school students to connect what they’ve learned to their daily lives and includes a writing activity.
• Rich multi-media resources that provide students with multiple opportunities to contextualize and apply their understanding and personalize the learning experience.
- Understanding Sociology
- Sociological Research
- Socialization and the Life Course
- Social Interaction, Groups, and Social Structure
- Mass Media and Social Media
- Deviance, Crime, and Social Control
- Stratification and Social Mobility in the United States
- Global Inequality
- Racial and Ethnic Inequality
- Stratification by Gender and Sexuality
- The Family and Household Diversity
- Education and Religion
- Government and the Economy
- Health, Population, and the Environment
- Social Change in the Global Community