Ravenscourt Books 2004
Written for Middle School to young, adult readers, Ravenscourt Books provide a research-proven strategy for enhancing the comprehension and fluency of struggling readers. Each of these engaging fiction and nonfiction titles is aligned to Corrective Reading to build success; tailored to students' reading levels to encourage struggling readers to read more; and designed to provide frequent opportunities for reading that will improve fluency and overall reading achievement.
About the Program
Ravenscourt Books provide a research-proven strategy for enhancing the comprehension and fluency of struggling readers. Each of these engaging fiction and nonfiction titles is:
- Carefully aligned to Corrective Reading to prevent frustration and build success
- Tailored to students’ independent reading levels to encourage struggling readers to read more
- Designed to provide frequent opportunities for reading that will improve fluency and overall reading achievement
Chapter Books include 24 high-interest books, leveled in three sets.
- Features a variety of genres—retold classics, fiction, and nonfiction
- Is at least 95% decodable based on skills and vocabulary introduced in Corrective Reading
Teacher’s Guides outline ways to use the series in your classroom. Each guide includes:
- Techniques to improve oral reading fluency and passages and graphs for assessing reading rate
- Reproducible wordlists, questions, and report forms help students meet reading and writing standards
Ravenscourt Books - Reaching Goals, Chapter Books (Set of 8 titles)
Ravenscourt Books -The Unexpected, Teacher's Guide
To learn about the specific purchase options for this program, please contact our Customer Service team at 800-338-3987
- We have stopped printing many old products, but we might have some stock in our warehouse.
- Select legacy products are available on Create® EasyOrder.
Additional Details & Resources
- Why Fluency Matters
Fluency development is often referred to as a bridge between word-level reading skills and reading comprehension. This report lists research into fluency development that supports the skills and strategies found in Ravenscourt Books.