Skills Handbook: Using Social Studies
About the Program
Without interfering with your core curriculum, Skills Handbook Using Social Studies utilizes social studies content to teach valuable cross-curricular skills in a step-by-step format. Students learn to master skills and strategies including: map skills, reading and thinking skills, writing and research skills, chart and graph skills, and test-taking strategies.
Each grade level contains skill lessons that are integrated with grade-specific social studies content. Students use social studies content as they develop and practice skills from across the curriculum (such as reading, writing, language arts, math and geography). Each book also contains specific Test-Taking Strategies designed to help students develop techniques for analyzing and answering test questions.
- Highlighted vocabulary
- Short reading passages capture students' interest
- Blackline Activity Masters for further skill development, practice, and enrichment
- Consistent format promotes rapid skill acquisition
Skills Handbook: Using Social Studies, Workbook Level 5
To learn about the specific purchase options for this program, please contact our Customer Service team at 800-338-3987
- We have stopped printing many old products, but we might have some stock in our warehouse.
- Select legacy products are available on Create® EasyOrder.
Additional Details & Resources
- Social Studies Skills to Harcourt Trophies Grade 1
- Social Studies Skills to Harcourt Trophies Grade 2
- Social Studies Skills to Harcourt Trophies Grade 3
- Social Studies Skills to Harcourt Trophies Grade 4
- Social Studies Skills to Harcourt Trophies Grade 5
- Social Studies Skills to Harcourt Trophies Grade 6
State Specific Correlations