* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
We The People captures our vivid world and changing nature of American politics. Its concise approach, exciting interactives and happening narrative, promotes the presentation of applicable and relatable examples challenging readers to think critically and construct meaning based on their experiences all the while develops their mindset. Students come to class prepared to lead inspiring conversations, opening a unique teaching experience to motivate.
CHAPTER 1: CRITICAL THINKING AND POLITICAL CULTURE: BECOMING A RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN
CHAPTER 2: CONSTITUTIONAL DEMOCRACY: PROMOTING LIBERTY AND SELF-GOVERNMENT
CHAPTER 3: FEDERALISM: FORGING A NATION
CHAPTER 4: CIVIL LIBERTIES: PROTECTING INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
CHAPTER 5: EQUAL RIGHTS: STRUGGLING TOWARD FAIRNESS
CHAPTER 6: PUBLIC OPINION AND POLITICAL SOCIALIZATION: SHAPING THE PEOPLE’S VOICE
CHAPTER 7: POLITICAL PARTICIPATION: ACTIVATING THE POPULAR WILL
CHAPTER 8: POLITICAL PARTIES, CANDIDATES, AND CAMPAIGNS: DEFINING THE VOTERS' CHOICE
CHAPTER 9: INTEREST GROUPS: ORGANIZING FOR INFLUENCE
CHAPTER 10: THE NEWS MEDIA AND THE INTERNET: COMMUNICATING POLITICS
CHAPTER 11: CONGRESS: BALANCING NATIONAL GOALS AND LOCAL INTERESTS
CHAPTER 12: THE PRESIDENCY: LEADING THE NATION
CHAPTER 13: THE FEDERAL BUREAUCRACY: ADMINISTERING THE GOVERNMENT
CHAPTER 14: THE FEDERAL JUDICIAL SYSTEM: APPLYING THE LAW
CHAPTER 15: ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY: CONTRIBUTING TO PROSPERITY
CHAPTER 16: INCOME, WELFARE, AND EDUCATION POLICY: PROVIDING FOR PERSONAL SECURITY
CHAPTER 17: FOREIGN POLICY: PROTECTING THE AMERICAN WAY
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources