Statics and Mechanics of Materials, 3rd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The approach of the Beer and Johnston series has been appreciated by hundreds of thousands of students over decades of engineering education. Maintaining the proven methodology and pedagogy of the Beer and Johnson series, Statics and Mechanics of Materials combines the theory and application behind these two subjects into one cohesive text focusing on teaching students to analyze problems in a simple and logical manner and, then, to use fundamental and well-understood principles in the solution. The addition of Case Studies based on real-world engineering problems provides students with an immediate application of the theory. A wealth of problems, Beer and Johnston's hallmark sample problems, and valuable review and summary sections at the end of each chapter, highlight the key pedagogy of the text.
2) Statics of Particles
3) Rigid Bodies: Equivalent Systems of Forces
4) Equilibrium of Rigid Bodies
5) Distributed Forces: Centroids and Centers of Gravity
6) Analysis of Structures
7) Distributed Forces: Moments of Inertia
8) Concept of Stress
9) Stress and Strain-Axial Loading
11) Pure Bending
12) Analysis and Design of Beams for Bending
13) Shearing Stresses in Beams and Thin-Walled Members
14) Transformations of Stress
15) Deflection of Beams
Answers to Problems
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.