Seeley's Anatomy & Physiology, 13th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
With a newly enhanced, realistic art program, this updated edition of Seeley’s Anatomy & Physiology comes to life. Written for the two-semester anatomy and physiology course, this text is comprehensive enough to provide the depth necessary for those courses not requiring prerequisites and is presented with such clarity that it nicely balances the thorough coverage. Clear descriptions and exceptional illustrations combine to help students develop a firm understanding of anatomy and physiology and understand how to apply those concepts. Known for having a strong emphasis on critical thinking, Seeley’s unique pedagogy integrates clinical case studies throughout each chapter with a visual program that presents material in understandable, relevant images, with application questions that follow.
Part 1 - Organization of the Human Body
1. The Human Organism
2. The Chemical Basis of Life
3. Cell Biology
PART 2 - Support and Movement
5. Integumentary System
6. Skeletal System: Bones and Bone Tissue
7. Skeletal System: Gross Anatomy
8. Joints and Movement
9. Muscular System: Histology and Physiology
10. Muscular System: Gross Anatomy
PART 3 - Integration and Control Systems
11. Functional Organization of Nervous Tissue
12. Spinal Cord and Spinal Nerves
13. Brain and Cranial Nerves
14. Integration of Nervous System Functions
15. The Special Senses
16. Autonomic Nervous System
17. Functional Organization of the Endocrine System
18. Endocrine Glands
PART 4 - Regulation and Maintenance
19. Cardiovascular System: Blood
20. Cardiovascular System: The Heart
21. Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels and Circulation
22. Lymphatic System and Immunity
23. Respiratory System
24. Digestive System
25. Nutrition, Metabolism, and Temperature Regulation
26. Urinary System
27. Water, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
PART 5 - Reproduction and Development
28. Reproductive System
29. Development, Growth, Aging, and Genetics
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.