* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The Science of Psychology: An Appreciative View communicates the nature and breadth of psychology -and its value as a science – with an emphasis on why things go right. With primary goals of teaching students to think like psychological scientists and focusing on the understanding of human strengths and capacities, health, and wellness, The Science of Psychology: An Appreciative View cultivates students’ appreciation for how extensively psychology applies to their lives.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: What is Psychology?
Chapter 2: Psychology's Scientific Method
Chapter 3: Biological Foundations of Behavior
Chapter 4: Sensation and Perception
Chapter 5: States of Consciousness
Chapter 6: Learning
Chapter 7: Memory
Chapter 8: Thinking, Intelligence, and Language
Chapter 9: Human Development
Chapter 10: Motivation and Emotion
Chapter 11: Gender, Sex, and Sexuality
Chapter 12: Personality
Chapter 13: Social Psychology
Chapter 14: Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Chapter 15: Psychological Disorders
Chapter 16: Therapies
Chapter 17: Health Psychology
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.