Modern Business Analytics, 1st Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
This higher-ed text takes a practical, modern approach to data science and business analytics for the analytics student or professional. It helps them learn by doing, with real data analysis examples that explain the "why", rather than the "what" in decision-making discussions. It uses R as the primary technology throughout the text and includes an end-of-chapter reference to the basic R recipes in each chapter. The text uses tools from economics and statistics in combination with machine learning techniques to create a platform for using data to make decisions. It is written by Matt Taddy, successful author of the McGraw Hill Professional title, Business Data Science, former professor at the University of Chicago (‘08–‘18), and Vice President at Amazon, alongside his esteemed colleagues, Dr. Leslie Hendrix, associate professor at the Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina, and Dr. Matthew C. Harding, professor of economics and statistics at the University of California, Irvine. With their collective authorship, Modern Business Analytics: Practical Data Science for Decision Making has crossed the boundaries and created something truly interdisciplinary.
Chapter 2: Uncertainty Quantification
Chapter 3: Regularization and Selection
Chapter 4: Classification
Chapter 5: Causal Inference with Experiments
Chapter 6: Causal Inference with Controls
Chapter 7: Trees and Forests
Chapter 8: Factor Models
Chapter 9: Text as Data
Chapter 10: Deep Learning
Appendix: R Primer
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources