Grob's Basic Electronics, 13th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Grob’s Basic Electronics provides thorough, comprehensive coverage of all of the important fundamentals of DC and AC circuit theory. It also covers the most common electronic devices and their applications. The book has an endless number of worked-out examples showing detailed step-by-step solutions. Also, a multiple-choice self-test as well as an abundance of homework problems appear at the end of every chapter in the book. New to the 13th edition is a chapter on “Three-Phase AC Power Systems”. Also, additional real-world applications have been added to this edition. The book is written for the beginning student who has no previous knowledge about electricity and electronics. A basic knowledge of algebra and trigonometry is beneficial for those students using this book.
3) Ohm’s Law
4) Series Circuits
5) Parallel Circuits
6) Series-Parallel Circuits
7) Voltage Dividers and Current Dividers
8) Analog and Digital Multimeters
9) Kirchhoff ’s Laws
10) Network Theorems
11) Conductors and Insulators
15) Alternating Voltage and Current
17) Capacitive Reactance
18) Capacitive Circuits
20) Inductive Reactance
21) Inductive Circuits
22) RC and L/R Time Constants
23) Alternating Current Circuits
24) Complex Numbers for AC Circuits
27) Three-Phase AC Power Systems
28) Diodes and Diode Applications
29) Bipolar Junction Transistors
30) Transistor Amplifiers
31) Field Effect Transistors
32) Power Amplifiers
34) Operational Amplifiers
Appendix A - Electrical Symbols and Abbreviations
Appendix B - Solder and the Soldering Process
Appendix C - Listing of Preferred Resistance Values
Appendix D - Component Schematic Symbols
Appendix E - Using the Oscilloscope
Appendix F - Introduction to Multisim
Appendix G - Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
Answers - Self-Tests
Answers - Odd-Numbered Problems and Critical Thinking Problems
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.