Foundations of Engineering, 3rd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The third edition of Foundations of Engineering gives freshman engineering students a solid foundation for all their future coursework. It provides an overview of the engineering profession and of the skills they will need to develop, as well as an introduction to fundamental engineering topics such as thermodynamics, rate processes, and Newton's laws. An important aspect of the book's approach is the method of Engineering Accounting, which casts the basic conservation laws (e.g., of energy or mass) as simple "accounting" procedures. This new edition is available in Connect with SmartBook.
2 Engineering Ethics
3 Problem Solving
4 Understanding and Using Computers
5 Introduction to Design
6 Engineering Communications
8 Tables and Graphs
10 Newton's Laws
11 Introduction to Thermodynamics
12 Introduction to Rate Processes
13 SI System of Units
14 Unit Conversions
15 Introduction to Statics and Dynamics
16 Introduction to Electricity
18 Accounting for Mass
19 Accounting for Charge
20 Accounting for Linear Momentum
21 Accounting for Angular Momentum
22 Accounting for Energy
23 Accounting for Entropy
24 Accounting for Money
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources