Levels A and B are recommended for young learners in Grades K-2, who do not read or have poorly developed decoding skills. Starting with phonemic awareness and systematic, explicit phonics, Levels A and B progress systematically from simple word types to advanced phonic-analysis skills, complex word patterns, and multisyllabic words. The accelerated Fast Track A-B and C-D enable you to give older ESL/ELL students or below-level readers about four years of reading instruction in just two school years.
- A detailed sequence of daily lessons provides explicit, systematic instruction in phonemic awareness, phonics/decoding, vocabulary, and comprehension
- Research-validated Direct Instruction ensures that children learn to read and that they meet or exceed grade-level expectations
- Spelling is fully coordinated with reading to provide substantial practice with letter sound relationships
- Fun, appealing stories spark interest and provide a context in which students apply newly learned decoding and comprehension strategies
- Paired practice and timed reading build fluency and overall comprehension
- High-quality trade books and literature anthology support initial learning and transfer of knowledge and skills