Basic Reading Series
Average and above-average learners will thrive with this program's:
- Orderly, logical structure
- Self-paced lessons
At-risk and below-level students will appreciate:
- The emphasis on presenting predictable word families before irregular or confusing elements
- The extra practice, reinforcement, and enrichment that ensures the mastery of irregular words
- Systematic vocabulary reviews in every lesson provide concentrated practice so decoding becomes automatic.
- Workbooks and Activity Pages build concepts and emphasize the meanings of words, phrases, and sentences, enhancing comprehension.
- The comprehensive Teacher’s Guide for each level provides level-specific program information and teaching tips.
- Key sound elements introduced at each level (see Scope and Sequence)
- Lively jingles and engaging stories delight and entertain young readers to keep them motivated
- Use with student workbooks (sold separately)
- Compatible with student readers
- Builds decoding concepts and emphasizes the meanings of words, phrases, and sentences
- Introduces word patterns gradually and develops comprehension skills
- Includes reproducible Mastery Tests and Workbook Answer Keys
Reading/Writing Activities Placement Test (Levels A-F)
- Determine the appropriate level for each student