- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
Theatre, Brief emphasizes that theatre is a reflection of ourselves, because at the core of any great art is a commentary on the human experience. Theatre is not merely entertainment, but a way for people to connect with one another and express important ideas about our culture and society. Through coverage of design, acting, and directing, students are given a behind-the-scenes look at professional theatre artists performing their craft. Theatre, Brief immerses its readers in the world of professional theatre, giving them in-depth descriptions of many job functions and various aspects of a play’s production from beginning to end. Students will enjoy the “Why Study” Spotlight and sidebar features that connect the chapter topics to future careers.
Chapter 2 What Is a Play?
Chapter 3 Acting
Chapter 4 Playwriting
Chapter 5 Design and Technology
Chapter 6 Directing
Chapter 7 Theatre Traditions and Histories
Chapter 8 The Modern Theatre
Chapter 9 Musical Theatre
Chapter 10 Theatre Today
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources