Research Design and Methods: A Process Approach, 11th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Research Design and Methods: A Process Approach takes students through the research process, from getting and developing a research idea, to designing and conducting a study, through analyzing and reporting data. The eleventh edition addresses the change in research practices to supplement or replace null hypothesis significance testing (NHST) with other analytic approaches, including Bayesian analysis. Information on the research process is presented in a lively and engaging way, highlighting the numerous decisions that must be made when designing and conducting research and emphasizing the importance of ethical conduct, both in the treatment of research subjects and in the conduct of research and reporting research results.
CHAPTER 1 EXPLAINING BEHAVIOR
CHAPTER 2 DEVELOPING AND EVALUATING THEORIES OF BEHAVIOR
CHAPTER 3 UNDERSTANDING ETHICAL ISSUES IN THE RESEARCH PROCESS
CHAPTER 4 GETTING IDEAS FOR RESEARCH
CHAPTER 5 CHOOSING A RESEARCH DESIGN
CHAPTER 6 MAKING SYSTEMIC OBSERVATIONS
CHAPTER 7 CHOOSING AND USING RESEARCH SUBJECTS
CHAPTER 8 DOING NONEXPERIMENTAL RESEARCH
CHAPTER 9 DOING SURVEY RESEARCH
CHAPTER 10 USING BETWEEN-SUBJECTS AND WITHIN-SUBJECTS EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN
CHAPTER 11 USING SPECIALIZED RESEARCH DESIGNS
CHAPTER 12 USING SINGLE-SUBJECT DESIGNS
CHAPTER 13 DESCRIBING DATA
CHAPTER 14 USING INFERENTIAL STATISTICS
CHAPTER 15 USING MULTIVARIATE DESIGN AND ANALYSIS
CHAPTER 16 REPORTING YOUR RESEARCH RESULTS
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources