The Physical Universe, 18th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Aimed at presenting the essentials of physics, chemistry, earth science, and astronomy in a clear, easy-to-understand way, The Physical Universe shows students how science works, how scientists approach problems, and why science constantly evolves in its search for understanding. The book concentrates on those aspects of the physical sciences most relevant to a nonscientist who wants to understand how the universe works and to know something about the connections between science and everyday life. The new edition continues the important theme of helping students become well-informed citizens. The new edition of The Physical Universe is also available in McGraw Hill Connect, featuring SmartBook 2.0, STEM Prep Modules, Application-Based Activities, a Curated Question Bank, and more!
Chapter 1: The Scientific Method
Chapter 2: Motion
Chapter 3: Energy
Chapter 4: Energy and the Future
Chapter 5: Matter and Heat
Chapter 6: Electricity and Magnetism
Chapter 7: Waves
Chapter 8: The Nucleus
Chapter 9: The Atom
Chapter 10: The Periodic Law
Chapter 11: Crystals, Ions, and Solutions
Chapter 12: Chemical Reactions
Chapter 13: Organic Chemistry
Chapter 14: Atmosphere and Hydrosphere
Chapter 15: The Rock Cycle
Chapter 16: The Evolving Earth
Chapter 17: The Solar System
Chapter 18: The StarsChapter 19: The Universe
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources