- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
Medical Office Procedures (MOP) provides the required background for the responsibilities of the administrative medical assistant. It is a text-workbook that introduces and describes the tasks of a medical office assistant's career; teaches records management, medical communications, and scheduling skills; and describes procedures for preparing patients' charts and bills. Practice management, electronic health records, managerial skills, and finances are also addressed.
Chapter 1 The Administrative Medical Assistant
Chapter 2 Medical Ethics, Law, and Compliance
Part 2 Administrative Responsibilities
Chapter 3 Office Communications: An Overview of Written and Verbal Communication
Chapter 4 Office Communications: Phone, Scheduling, and Mail
Chapter 5 Managing Health Information
Chapter 6 Office Management
Part 3 Practice Financials
Chapter 7 Insurance and Coding
Chapter 8 Billing, Reimbursement, and Collections
Chapter 9 Practice Finances
Part 4 Preparing for Employment
Chapter 10 Preparing for Employment in the Medical Office
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources