Human Nutrition: Science for Healthy Living, 3rd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Human Nutrition: Science for Healthy Living is an interesting, engaging, reliable, and evidence-based introductory textbook with a wide variety of features to promote active learning. A clinical emphasis appeals to all, but is of particular relevance to those studying nutrition, dietetics, or health science professions, including nursing. Real-life and clinical examples, statistics, and evidence from professional sources address current and controversial topics and support the key concepts of the science of nutrition.
Chapter 3 Basis of a Healthy Diet
Chapter 4 Human Digestion, Absorption, and Transport
Chapter 5 Carbohydrates: Sugars, Starches, and Fiber
Chapter 6 Lipids: Triglycerides, Phospholipids, and Sterols
Chapter 7 Proteins: Amino Acids
Chapter 8 Metabolism
Chapter 9 Vitamin Overview and Fat-Soluble Vitamins
Chapter 10 Water-Soluble Vitamins
Chapter 11 Water and the Major Minerals
Chapter 12 Trace Minerals
Chapter 13 Obesity, Energy Balance, and Weight Management
Chapter 14 Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating
Chapter 15 Nutrition for Fitness and Sport
Chapter 16 Pregnancy and Lactation
Chapter 17 Infants, Children, and Adolescents
Chapter 18 Nutrition for Older Adults
Chapter 19 Food and Water Safety
Chapter 20 Global Nutrition
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.