Experiencing Intercultural Communication: An Introduction, 7th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Experiencing Intercultural Communication provides students with a framework in which they can begin building their intercultural communication skills. Drawing from social psychological approaches, ethnographic studies, and recent critical media studies it places emphasis on the practical, experiential nature of intercultural communication and provides solid, practical guidelines to help students approach the complexities of intercultural communication.
Chapter 1: Studying Intercultural Communication
Chapter 2: Intercultural Communication
Chapter 3: History and Intercultural Communication
Chapter 4: Identity and Intercultural Communication
Part II: Intercultural Communication Processes
Chapter 5: Verbal Issues in Intercultural Communication
Chapter 6: Nonverbal Communication Issues
Part III: Intercultural Communication in Everyday Life
Chapter 7: Popular Culture and Intercultural Communication
Chapter 8: Culture, Communication, and Conflict
Chapter 9: Intercultural Relationships in Everyday Life
Part IV: Intercultural Communication in Applied Settings
Chapter 10: Intercultural Communication in Tourism Contexts
Chapter 11: Intercultural Communication and Business
Chapter 12: Intercultural Communication and Education
Chapter 13: Intercultural Communication and Health Care
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org