The Theatre Experience, 15th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The Theatre Experience, 15e prepares students to be well-informed, well-prepared theatre audience members. With an audience-centered narrative that engages today’s students, a vivid photo program that brings concepts to life, and features that teach and encourage a variety of skill sets, students master core concepts and learn to think critically about theatre and the world around them. As a result, students are better prepared for class, and better prepared for theatre going. The textbook is noted for its lively writing style and for helping students recognize how theatre relates to our everyday lives.
Chapter 1 The Audience: Its Role and Imagination
Chapter 2 Background and Expectations of the Audience
Chapter 3 Theatre Spaces
PART 2 The Performers and the Director
Chapter 4 Acting for the Stage
Chapter 5 The Director and the Producer
PART 3 The Designers
Chapter 6 Scenery
Chapter 7 Stage Costumes
Chapter 8 Lighting and Sound
PART 4 The Playwright and the Play
Chapter 9 Creating the World of the Play
Chapter 10 Dramatic Structure and Dramatic Characters
Chapter 11 Theatrical Genres
Chapter 12 Alternative and Experimental Dramatic and Theatrical Forms
Chapter 13 Diverse and Inclusive Plays, Playwrights, and Theatrical Forms
Plays That May Be Read Online
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources