- Highlight, take notes, and search
- Download the free ReadAnywhere app for offline & mobile access
- Note: Connect access NOT included. If Connect is required for your course, click the "Learning Platform" tab.
Connecting Social Psychology to the world around us. Social Psychology introduces students to the science of us: our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors in a changing world. Students learn to think critically about everyday behaviors and gain an appreciation for the world around us, regardless of background or major. Social Psychology’s conversational voice allows students to access and enjoy this exciting science. Students find scientific explorations of love, hate, conformity and independence, prejudice and helping, persuasion and self-determination.
Part One Social Thinking
Chapter 2 The Self in a Social World
Chapter 3 Social Beliefs and Judgments
Chapter 4 Behavior and Attitudes
Part Two Social Influence
Chapter 5 Genes, Culture, and Gender
Chapter 6 Conformity and Obedience
Chapter 7 Persuasion
Chapter 8 Group Influence
Part Three Social Relations
Chapter 9 Prejudice
Chapter 10 Aggression
Chapter 11 Attraction and Intimacy
Chapter 12 Helping
Chapter 13 Conflict and Peacemaking
Part Four Applying Social Psychology
Chapter 14 Social Psychology in the Clinic
Chapter 15 Social Psychology in Court
Chapter 16 Social Psychology and the Sustainable Future
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources