Simulation with Arena, 7th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Simulation with Arena provides a comprehensive treatment of simulation using industry-standard Arena software. The textbook begins by having the reader develop simple high-level models, and then progresses to advanced modeling and analysis. Statistical design and analysis of simulation experiments is integrated with the modeling chapters, reflecting the importance of mathematical modeling of these activities. An informal, tutorial writing style is used to aid the beginner in fully understanding the ideas and topics presented. The new edition now reflects Arena version 16.2 (from version 14.5 in the prior edition), which contains many new and useful features. The new edition of Simulation with Arena is also available in McGraw Hill Connect, featuring Adaptive Learning Assignments, the MHeBook, Instructor Resources, and more!
2) Fundamental Simulation Concepts
3) A Guided Tour Through Arena
4) Modeling Basic Operations and Inputs
5) Modeling Detailed Operations
6) Statistical Analysis of Output from Terminating Simulations
7) Intermediate Modeling and Steady-State Statistical Analysis
8) Entity Transfer
9) A Sampler of Further Modeling Issues and Techniques
10) Arena Integration and Customization
11) Continuous and Combined Discrete/Continuous Models
12) Further Statistical Issues
13) Conducting Simulation Studies
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources