Essentials of Marketing, 18th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Essentials of Marketing Is Designed to Satisfy Your Needs.
Cannon/Perreault, Essentials of Marketing looks at the best of marketing, where marketing practices meet target customer needs to make the world a better place. Dating back to Jerry McCarthy’s ground-breaking categorization of the 4Ps of Marketing, our practical, research-based product continues to emphasize marketing strategy planning. The 18th edition of Essentials of Marketing emphasizes currency through:
• Active Learning. Connect activities including Smartbook 2.0 providing dynamic, personalized reading experience with Video Cases, Case Analyses and Application-Based Activities designed to drive critical thinking and engagement through real-word scenarios.
• Purpose and purpose orientation. Reviewing an organization’s reason for being that extends beyond profit and creates value for stakeholders, including customers, employees, suppliers, investors, and communities.
• Diversity, equity, and inclusion. Attention to racial justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion integrated across chapters. Inspired by Professor Shanita Akintonde’s episodes on the McGraw-Hill podcast, Marketing Insights.
• Marketing analytics. Growing coverage of big data and marketing analytics with continued coverage supporting marketing strategy planning.
• Enhanced use of photos, images, and exhibits. Hundreds of additional images and exhibits to enhance student learning. Incorporated throughout the Connect Interactive exercises and instructor PowerPoint slides.
Chapter 1: Marketing's Value to Consumers, Firms, and Society
Chapter 2: Marketing Strategy Planning
Chapter 3: Evaluating Opportunities in the Changing Market Environment
Chapter 4: Focusing Marketing Strategy with Segmentation and Positioning
Chapter 5: Final Consumers and Their Buying Behavior
Chapter 6: Business and Organizational Customers and Their Buying Behavior
Chapter 7: Improving Decisions with Marketing Information
Chapter 8: Elements of Product Planning for Goods and Services
Chapter 9: Product Management and New-Product Development
Chapter 10: Place and Development of Channel Systems
Chapter 11: Distribution Customer Service and Logistics
Chapter 12: Retailers, Wholesalers, and Their Strategy Planning
Chapter 13: Promotion—Introduction to Integrated Marketing Communications
Chapter 14: Personal Selling and Customer Service
Chapter 15: Advertising and Sales Promotion
Chapter 16: Publicity
Chapter 17: Pricing Objectives and Policies
Chapter 18: Price Setting in the Business World
Chapter 19: Ethical Marketing in a Consumer-Oriented World
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
- Quick Setup
- Lives within the LMS
- Assignable Readings
- Auto-Graded Chapter Questions