Engineering Fundamentals and Problem Solving,
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Engineering Fundamentals and Problem Solving presents a complete introduction to the engineering field and remains the most comprehensive textbook for an introductory engineering course. This text helps students develop the skills needed to solve open-ended problems in SI and customary units while presenting solutions in a logical manner. Students are introduced to subject areas, common to engineering disciplines, that require the application of fundamental engineering concepts.
This edition is available in Connect with SmartBook, and offers features such as video questions and the MHeBook.
2 Education for Engineering
3 Introduction to Engineering Design
4 Engineering Solutions
5 Representation of Technical Information
6 Engineering Measurements and Estimations
7 Dimensions, Units, and Conversions
8 Introduction to Engineering Economics
9 Economics: Decision Making
11 Inferential Statistics and Decision Making
12 Mechanics: Statics
13 Mechanics: Strength of Materials
14 Material Balance
15 Energy Sources and Alternatives
16 Fundamental Energy Principles
17 Electrical Theory
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.