Vis-a-vis: Beginning French (Student Edition), 8th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Vis-à-vis engages students with its unique integration of contemporary culture and communicative building blocks, providing tools to build a solid foundation in introductory French. The hallmarks of Vis-à-vis include a clear chapter structure with four lessons in which vocabulary, grammar, and culture work together as integrated units; an abundance of practice activities that range from form-focused to communicative; a balanced approach to the four skills; and rich and diverse coverage of the Francophone world. The easy-to-use Connect platform provides ample opportunity for practicing receptive listening and reading skills, acquiring vocabulary and grammar, and producing open-ended writing and speaking responses (alone or in groups). The rich video program helps to build cultural as well as linguistic competence. These features of Vis-à-vis support the core goals of the Introductory French course—communicative and cultural competence—and lay the groundwork for student success.
Ch 2 Nous, les étudiants
Ch 3 La vie en couleurs
Ch 4 À la maison
Ch 5 De génération en génération
Ch 6 À table!
Ch 7 Les plaisirs de la cuisine
Ch 8 Vive les vacances!
Ch 9 En route!
Ch 10 Comment communiquez-vous?
Ch 11 Vivre en ville
Ch 12 La passion pour les arts
Ch 13 La vie quotidienne
Ch 14 Sur le marché du travail
Ch 15 Les loisirs
Ch 16 Qu’en pensez-vous?
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources