Technical Writing for Engineers & Scientists, 4th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
The focus of Technical Writing for Engineers and Scientists is to teach engineering students the skill of technical writing. The book is unique in that it gets to the point, uses practical outlines throughout, and shows students how to produce the most common technical documents step by step. This title is useful for instructors looking to incorporate writing assignments into their already-packed classes, and for students looking for the nitty-gritty details about what they need to do to get the writing project done in their engineering and science classes.
This edition is available with Connect, including the Writing Assignment Tool. Instructor Resources for this title include:
Instructor's Manual, Accessible Lecture PPTs, and Image PPTs.
2 Ethical Considerations
4 Technical Definition
5 Description of a Mechanism
6 Description of a Process
7 Instructions and Manuals
9 Progress Reports
10 Feasibility and Recommendation Reports
11 Laboratory and Project Reports
12 Research Reports
13 A3 Reports
14 Abstracts and Summaries
15 Style and Mechanics
19 Business Communication
20 Communications with Future Employers (aka, Getting a Job)
21 Team Writing
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.