Teaching Physical Education for Learning, 8th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Teaching Physical Education for Learning, guides future physical education teachers in designing effective learning experiences for students grades K-12. This user-friendly text emphasizes developing students' motor skills and physical abilities through interactive teaching strategies. Physical education teachers will not only learn instructional skills, but also how to adapt their teaching to different content and student needs. This latest edition provides a foundation for physical education programs that prepare students for a lifetime of physical activity.
CHAPTER 1: Teaching Physical Education: An Orientation
CHAPTER 2: Factors That Influence Learning
CHAPTER 3: Designing Learning Experiences and Instructional Tasks
CHAPTER 4: Task Presentation
CHAPTER 5: Content Analysis and Development
CHAPTER 6: Developing and Maintaining a Learning Environment
CHAPTER 7: Teacher During Activity
CHAPTER 8: Teaching Strategies
CHAPTER 9: Student Motivation, Personal Growth, and Inclusion
CHAPTER 10: Planning
CHAPTER 11: Assessment in the Instructional Process
CHAPTER 12: Content-Specific Pedagogy
CHAPTER 13: The Teacher as the Continuous Learner
CHAPTER 14: Observing Teacher and Student Behavior
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org