Public Speaking for College & Career, 12th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Public Speaking for College & Career supports the skills students need to succeed in the course and in their future careers, across the growing range of public speaking contexts. Informed by the latest research, the twelfth edition provides students with practical guidance and fresh examples that are anchored in students’ real-world experiences.
Chapter 1 Introduction to Public Speaking
Chapter 2 Managing Nervousness
Chapter 3 Listening
Part Two: Developing a Focus
Chapter 4 Reaching the Audience
Chapter 5 Selecting Topic, Purpose, and Central Idea
Part Three: Preparing Content
Chapter 6 Locating Information
Chapter 7 Evaluating Information
Chapter 8 Supporting Your Ideas and Avoiding Plagiarism
Chapter 9 Presentation Aids
Part Four: Organizing the Speech
Chapter 10 The Body of the Speech
Chapter 11 Introductions and Conclusions
Chapter 12 Outlining the Speech
Part Five: Presenting the Speech
Chapter 13 Wording the Speech
Chapter 14 Delivering the Speech
Part Six: Types of Public Speaking
Chapter 15 Speaking to Inform
Chapter 16 Speaking to Persuade
Chapter 17 Persuasive Strategies
Chapter 18 Speaking on Special Occasions
Chapter 19 Speaking in Groups
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at email@example.com