Practice Management and EHR: A Total Patient Encounter, 2nd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Practice Management and EHR: A Total Patient Encounter (PMEHR) provides a comprehensive introduction to integrated practice management and EHR, providing hands-on experience to clinical health care workers as well as to their administrative and financial colleagues. This completely revised 2nd edition provides the experience students need to understand the medical billing cycle and become familiar with the seamless integration of patient clinical records in that cycle, without the hassles of software installation!
Part One Managing the Revenue Cycle
Chapter 1 Patient Care and Reimbursement in the Medical Office
Chapter 2 Understanding Electronic Health Records
Chapter 3 Privacy and Security of Health Records
Part Two Documenting Patient Encounters
Chapter 4 Scheduling
Chapter 5 Office Visit: Check-in Procedures
Chapter 6 Office Visit: Patient Intake
Chapter 7 Office Visit: The Progress Note
Chapter 8 Office Visit: Electronic Orders
Chapter 9 Office Visit: Coding
Part Three Charge Capture and Billing Patient Encounters
Chapter 10 Office Visit: Clinical Check-out Procedures
Chapter 11 Office Visit: Billing Check-out Procedures
Chapter 12 Third-Party Payers
Chapter 13 Claim Management
Chapter 14 Posting Payments and Creating Statements
Part Four Producing Reports and Following Up
Chapter 15 Accounts Receivable Follow-up and Collections
Chapter 16 Reports
Chapter 17 Messaging and Administrative Tasks
Chapter 18 Health Information Management Tasks
Part Five PM and EHR Practical Applications
Chapter 19 Putting it all Together
Part Six Source Documents
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources