Operations Management14th Edition
- Revised OM topics are presented in a flexible sequence that include current real-world cases to engage students.
- Vignettes, photos, graphic illustrations, screencam icons, operations strategies sections, real world applications, critical thinking exercises, operations tours, cases, and Excel templates motivate student learning.
- Connect: An easy-to-use homework and learning management solution that uses the award-winning SmartBook 2.0 to improve student results.<
Ch. 2 Competitiveness, Strategy, and Productivity
Ch. 3 Forecasting
Ch. 4 Product and Service Design
SUPPLEMENT TO CHAPTER 4: Reliability
Ch. 5 Strategic Capacity Planning for Products and Services
SUPPLEMENT TO CHAPTER 5: Decision Theory
Ch. 6 Process Selection and Facility Layout
Ch. 7 Work Design and Measurement
SUPPLEMENT TO CHAPTER 7: Learning Curves
Ch. 8 Location Planning and Analysis
Ch. 9 Management of Quality
Ch. 10 Quality Control
Ch. 11 Aggregate Planning and Master Scheduling
Ch. 12 Inventory Management
Ch. 13 MRP and ERP
Ch. 14 JIT and Lean Operations
SUPPLEMENT TO CHAPTER 14: Maintenance
Ch. 15 Supply Chain Management
Ch. 16 Scheduling
Ch. 17 Project Management
Ch. 18 Management of Waiting Lines
Ch. 19 Linear Programming
Appendix A: Answers to Selected Problems
Appendix B: Tables
Appendix C: Working with the Normal Distribution
Appendix D: Ten Things to Remember Beyond the Final Exam
Find out more about our affordable course material programs.
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
When your students still want a book but don't want to keep it, McGraw-Hill's Textbook Rental program provides students with our latest editions at our most affordable hardcover prices.
Want more information?
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.Learn more
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw-Hill. We have put in place processes to make accessibility and meeting the WCAG AA guidelines part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
In future editions, this rubric will be reformatted to increase accessibility and usability.
McGraw-Hill sites may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are provided as supplementary materials, and for learners’ information and convenience only. McGraw-Hill has no control over and is not responsible for the content or accessibility of any linked website.