Fundamentals of Taxation 2024 Edition, 17th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Fundamentals of Taxation 2024 Edition emphasizes a hands-on approach to tax education. It's a Taxation textbook designed to expose beginning tax students to tax law, but to also teach the practical intricacies involved in the preparation of tax forms and tax returns.
To train tomorrow's tax preparers to handle the complex U.S. tax law, the Fundamentals of Taxation author team has devised four primary teaching advantages:
• Organized to closely follow the IRS tax forms. Actual tax forms are incorporated throughout the text, giving students the opportunity to understand the principles behind tax law while they learn how to work with clients to obtain the information, they will need to complete tax forms.
• Proper reporting of tax issues are illustrated. The authors present a tax issue, discuss the legal requirements, illustrate the proper tax form placement, and show the completed form in the text, mixing practical and legal implications of tax preparation.
• Integration of an individual income tax software package (TaxACT). The authors supplement the text with citations of relevant tax authorities, such as the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury Regulations, Revenue Rulings, Revenue Procedures, and court cases.
Chapter 2: Expanded Tax Formula, Form 1040, and Basic Concepts
Chapter 3: Gross Income: Inclusions and Exclusions
Chapter 4: Adjustments for Adjusted Gross Income
Chapter 5: Itemized Deductions
Chapter 6: Self-Employed Business Income (Line 3 of Schedule 1 and Schedule C)
Chapter 7: Capital Gains and Other Sales of Property (Schedule D and Form 4797)
Chapter 8: Rental Property, Royalties, and Income from Flow- Through Entities (Line 5, Schedule 1, and Schedule E)
Chapter 9: Tax Credits (Form 1040, Lines 19, 20, 27 through 29, and 31, Schedule 3, Lines 1 through 14)
Chapter 10: Payroll Taxes
Chapter 11: Retirement and Other Tax-Deferred Plans and Annuities
Chapter 12: Special Property Transactions
Chapter 13: At-Risk/Passive Activity Loss Rules and the Individual Alternative Minimum Tax
Chapter 14: Partnership Taxation
Chapter 15: Corporate Taxation
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools