Experience Sociology, 5th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
By approaching sociology through the familiar concepts of culture, structure, and power, Experience Sociology engages students and enables them to see sociology in the world around them. Concepts are presented in an engaging and accessible way that brings theory and sociological concepts together, allowing students to move beyond their individual perspective to gain a true sociological perspective. The Fifth Edition of Experience Sociology reaches students in a time of an ongoing global health crisis, sustained economic uncertainty, a growing environmental calamity, and continued political and cultural upheaval. In working to understand a turbulent, ever-changing world, the timeless insights of sociology are more relevant than ever. When paired with McGraw Hill’s Connect, instructors can engage students in course content, enhancing the understanding of topics and developing their sociological imagination.
1 Sociology in a Changing World
2 Understanding the Research Process
PART 2 SOCIOLOGY’S CORE CONCEPTS: TOOLS FOR ANALYSIS AND UNDERSTANDING
4 Social Structure
PART 3 THE SOCIAL SELF
7 Interaction, Groups, and Organizations
8 Deviance and Social Control
PART 4 IDENTITY AND INEQUALITY
9 Class and Global Inequality
10 Race and Ethnicity
11 Gender and Sexuality
PART 5 SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND SOCIAL ISSUES
12 Family and Religion
13 Education and Work
14 Media and Consumption
15 Communities, the Environment, and Health
16 Politics and the Economy
17 Social Change: Globalization, Population, and Social Movements
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources