Essentials of Economics, 12th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Written specifically for the one semester survey of economics course, Schiller’s Essentials of Economics is known for seeking the best possible answers to the basic questions of WHAT, HOW, and FOR WHOM to produce. Schiller is dedicated to introducing core economic principles in a real-world context by focusing on trending policies and front-page developments. As in earlier editions, the twelfth edition strives to engage students by illustrating economics with examples of applied economy theory found in real-world institutions, policy debates, and global developments like COVID-19. Essentials of Economics is thoroughly integrated with the adaptive digital tools available in McGraw Hill’s Connect, proven to increase student engagement and success in the course. Coauthor Karen Gebhardt has closely aligned digital resources to the text benefiting both students and instructors. Essentials of Economics features the latest suite of Connect resources including SmartBook 2.0.
Chapter 1: THE CHALLENGE OF ECONOMICS
Chapter 2: THE U.S. ECONOMY
Chapter 3: SUPPLY AND DEMAND
Section II: MICROECONOMICS
Chapter 4: CONSUMER DEMAND
Chapter 5: SUPPLY DECISIONS
Chapter 6: COMPETITION
Chapter 7: MONOPOLY
Chapter 8: THE LABOR MARKET
Chapter 9: GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION
Section III: MACROECONOMICS
Chapter 10: THE BUSINESS CYCLE
Chapter 11: AGGREGATE SUPPLY AND DEMAND
Chapter 12: FISCAL POLICY
Chapter 13: MONEY AND BANKS
Chapter 14: MONETARY POLICY
Chapter 15: ECONOMIC GROWTH
Section IV: INTERNATIONAL
Chapter 16: INTERNATIONAL TRADE
Section V: CAPSTONE
Chapter 17: THEORY VERSUS REALITY
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources