Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology, 8th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
This updated, student-centric revision of Essentials of Anatomy& Physiology is written in a clear and concise manner to help students from all backgrounds prepare for a career in the allied health professions. The eighth edition simplifies the complexities of anatomy and physiology in ways that enhance understanding without diluting the essentials of the subject matter. The sequence of chapters and content within each chapter progresses from simple to complex. Chapters covering an organ system begin with anatomy to ensure students are well prepared to understand the physiology that follows. Each system chapter concludes with a brief consideration of common disorders the student may encounter in the clinical setting.
1. Introduction to the Human Body
2. Chemicals of Life
4. Tissues and Membranes
Part 2 Covering, Support, and Movement of the Body
5. Integumentary System
6. Skeletal System
7. Muscular System
Part 3 Integration and Control
8. Nervous System
10. Endocrine System
Part 4 Maintenance of the Body
12. Cardiovascular System
13. Lymphoid System and Defenses Against Disease
14. Respiratory System
15. Digestive System
16. Urinary System
Part 5 Reproduction
17. Reproductive System
18. Development, Pregnancy, and Genetics
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.