Engineering Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics, 3rd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Engineering Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics is the Problem Solver's Approach for Tomorrow's Engineers. Based upon a great deal of classroom teaching experience, authors Plesha, Gray, & Costanzo provide a rigorous introduction to the fundamental principles of statics and dynamics in a visually appealing framework for students. This title is available in Connect with SmartBook, featuring Application-Based Activities, the Free Body Diagram Tool, and Process Oriented Problems. Instructor resources for this title include: an Image Library, Lecture PPTs, and an Instructor Solutions Manual.
2 Vectors: Force and Position
3 Equilibrium of Particles
4 Moment of a Force and Equivalent Force Systems
5 Equilibrium of Bodies
6 Structural Analysis and Machines
7 Centroids and Distributed Force Systems
8 Internal Forces
10 Moments of Inertia
11 Introduction to Dynamics
12 Particle Kinematics
13 Force and Acceleration Methods for Particles
14 Energy Methods for Particles
15 Momentum Methods for Particles
16 Planar Rigid Body Kinematics
17 Newton-Euler Equations for Planar Rigid Body Motion
18 Energy and Momentum Methods for Rigid Bodies
19 Mechanical Vibrations
20 Three-Dimensional Dynamics of Rigid Bodies
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources