CJ: REALITIES AND CHALLENGES, 5th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
CJ: Realities and Challenges, 5e empowers students to think critically about the daily realities and challenges of the criminal justice system. Using the text's framework of Observe > Investigate > Understand, students learn to recognize the myths of the U.S. criminal justice system and gain a greater comprehension of its complexities. The program brings together the insights of an expert author team of practitioners and scholars to present a contemporary and realistic perspective on a vital U.S. institution. Extensively updated examples, statistics, figures, and features throughout this edition reflect current criminal justice issues to provide students with the most relevant information for their studies and professional lives.
CHAPTER 1: What Is the Criminal Justice System?
CHAPTER 2: Types of Crime
CHAPTER 3: Causes of Crime
CHAPTER 4: Criminal Law and Defenses
Part 2 Law Enforcement
CHAPTER 5: Overview of Policing
CHAPTER 6: Policing Operations
CHAPTER 7: Legal and Special Issues in Policing
Part 3 Adjudication
CHAPTER 8: The Courts
CHAPTER 9: Pretrial and Trial
CHAPTER 10: Sentencing
Part 4 Corrections
CHAPTER 11: Overview of Corrections
CHAPTER 12: Jails and Prisons
CHAPTER 13: Community Corrections
Part 5 Special Issues
CHAPTER 14: Understanding and Helping Victims
CHAPTER 15: Juvenile Justice
CHAPTER 16: Evolving Challenges in Criminal Justice
APPENDIX: The Bill of Rights
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources