Anatomy, Physiology, & Disease: Foundations for the Health Professions, 3rd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Roiger and Bullock’s unique pedagogical and visual approach helps students make the important connections between systems and learn how the body functions normally in homeostasis, and how disruption of homeostasis leads to disease and disorder. With a straightforward, engaging writing style, the authors explain difficult concepts in the context of routine activities, making concepts easier to grasp. Measurable learning outcomes throughout the textbook, workbook, and digital learning and assessment program help direct students through the content so there are no surprises. Anatomy, Physiology, Disease requires no prior knowledge of chemistry or cell biology, and is designed for an anatomy and physiology course or an anatomy, physiology, and pathology course. It is neither too high nor too low and can be customized to accommodate the organization of individual courses.
2 Levels of Organization of the Human Body
3 The Integumentary System
4 The Skeletal System
5 The Muscular System
6 The Nervous System
7 The Nervous System—Senses
8 The Endocrine System
9 The Cardiovascular System—Blood
10 The Cardiovascular System—Heart and Vessels
11 The Lymphatic System
12 The Respiratory System
13 The Digestive System
14 The Excretory/Urinary System
15 The Male Reproductive System
16 The Female Reproductive System
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.